Sypherd Hall is a residence hall named in memory of W. Owen Sypherd, Class of 1896, professor of English, 1906-47 and president of the University, 1944-46. The building was constructed in 1957. In 2016 R G Architects was retained to renovate the dormitory shower and toilet rooms. The project quickly grew to replacing the entire heating and air conditioning systems, replacing most of the ceilings and flooring, replacing all exterior windows. repointing most of the brick veneer, and restoring all exterior marble. The project should be out for construction in June 2018.