Morris Library is named for alumnus Judge Hugh Martin Morris (Class of 1898) who was a member of the Board of Trustees for 30 years and president of the Board from 1939-59. In 1985-86, a $14 million addition to the library doubled the space for books and readers. In 2018 R G Architects was retained to design renovations to the library's student commons and entry lobby to suit a desire for a new theme as well as new food service provider that was taking over. In addition, the new theme was carried into the main entry lobby in order to invite students to gather and relax in the newly updated lobby space, as well as the commons. The construction is scheduled to be complete by Fall Semester 2019.